Explore various key architectural locations in Ottawa and discover some of the city's many architectural gems. Discover the award winning structures that excite visitors and architects from around the world. Become intimate with the building blocks of design that are used to create these structures and also used to create your perfect photo.
Stimulate your creative process through the exploration of this photo genre. Learn to appreciate structure both architectural and photographic through visual design, experimenting with light, colour and composition.
During the weekend workshop:
- Our photographer will guide and teach you how to improve your vision, develop your skills and capture your impressions of this magnificent architecture.
- You will have the opportunity to create a portfolio of photographic images that will bear witness to the worldclass buildings and their many layers of design that come together in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
- You will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the visual design components through their practical application to the images you capture.
- Suggestions and coaching will be given on how to capture your best images as you develop an indepth awareness for the various aspects of composition.
- SLR digital capture / digital observation on Digital Projector
- Each day has scheduled activities and ample time to practice and apply the visual design components within your photography
- Groups are small to ensure quality feedback and coaching (limit 9) Individual instruction will strengthen your aesthetic sensibility and technical know-how
- Regular sessions are scheduled to review and discuss your images and progress
Workshop Registration and Policy
- Observation, evaluation sessions, lectures and critiques.
- A professional photographer & a digital technical support assistant present during the workshop.
- Participants should have a working knowledge of their equipment and good basic knowledge of photographic techniques.
- We suggest that you take a basic photography course before you join our workshop.
- Most activities will require a moderate level of physical fitness. It will be necessary to walk reasonable distances each day, climb stairs, moderate hills.
- In order to capture the optimum light you may be expected to rise a couple of hours before sunrise on certain days.